Who You Love is Who You Serve
Serving and FulfillmentWhere you put your effort is where you love. Now, we generally only have these discussion about romantic love, but that's not what we are talking about here. Romantic love has a way of taking care of itself. What we are talking about is our core values and how we are committed to them.
Unfortunately, our values are not always reflected in our lives, the way we wished they were.
We love many people in our lives. We love God, our spouse, our parents, our children, our friends and others. A good measure of how much we love someone is revealed in how we serve them.
Where we serve has a big impact on our fulfillment. If we say we love our family but we don't serve them well, we will ultimately get down the road and be unfulfilled. We will have missed years of opportunities because we served, and dare I say, spent time loving, other people and things that are not our true love. Sounds scary to me.
Thoughtful ServiceAlthough there could be many ways to measure our love for those we care deeply about, let's take time to evaluate who we are serving.
Serving well can take a little time, purposeful thinking for planning and designing engagement. When I take a moment to sit back in a quiet place with a coffee and a snack, I want to think about who I love. These are the ones I am going to invest in.
I'm going to strategize a way to minimize obstacles and maximize my service to them. Would you join me in this exercise? It's worth it!
- Find a quiet place to contemplate who you love and who you want to invest in.
- Make a list and write them down.
- What do they mean to me?
- How am I fulfilled in serving them?
- Loving and serving _(who?)_ is like...
- A good place to start is to ask them.
- The second step is to observe them. Be a good listener and you'll get all the information you need to serve them in just the right ways.
- It's a bit corny, but the best ability... is availability. :-)
- How am I serving them now?
- What else can I do that would be meaningful for them?
- What have I planned for them?
- When are my thoughts on them?
- Who or what pulls my attention away?
- Who am I spending time with that does not share my values... even if they are fun?
- How do I minimize these encounters?
- We work with individuals, couples and teams.
- Invest in yourself this year.
- Coaches are friendly, fun and focused.
- Coaches are designed for this purpose... walking with you in the dream.
- The Inquiry Call is free!
- We truly do want you to have more life in your day by helping you walk in your dream and be the person you want to be.
- It's a chance to ask questions and get answers.
- The form is designed to kick off your thinking process. :-)
- It's free so, there's no risk. Only an opportunity.
Please, add your thoughts in the comment section.
Our time and service is one measurement of what and who we love.