A Season of Pruning
Things just seem to unknowingly latch on to us while we live our lives. It could be that sitcom we can't get up from binge watching. Maybe it's a relationship that doesn't seem to have boundaries. If we actually take a real close look at the flow of our week, I'll bet we could identify a few things that are dead weight and need to be pruned.
Reasons to prune plants include deadwood removal, shaping (by controlling or redirecting growth), improving or sustaining health.
- Wikipedia | Pruning
There may even be a few things that are important enough not to stop doing, but maybe we can manage them better or realign them?
A good coach will ask the question, "what are you tolerating?" Take a second to think about that. What in the world are you tolerating that needs to be eliminated, minimized, managed or realigned?
We want to be able to manage a harmonious journey for the things that are in our control. In nature, we prune dead vines to maintain the health of a plant and direct its growth. In writing, we edit articles and cut out superfluous information to make it more concise and effective.
We also cut out things in our life that are unhealthy or take us in the wrong direction. The strategy is to help us guard our time and energy to attend to the things that are truly important.
Are you a master gardener of your life? Then maybe it's time to start pruning!
Eliminating, minimizing, managing or realigning unfruitful tolerances makes for a harmonious journey, keeping you moving forward.
- Schedule a time to thoughtfully review the things you are tolerating.
- Take a quick read of, Designing Peaceful Moments.
- Keep it simple.
- Take them one by one.
- Write down your list.
- Write a short paragraph answer, "why am I tolerating this?" for each point. I like to use bullet points! 😊
- Ask, "how can I eliminate, minimize, manage or realign these aspects of my life?"
- Hold the answers up to your life values.
- Solicit the help of a friend or mentor.
- This is a great strategy if writing is not your thing.
- Do this even if you do write out your answers.
- A second set of eyes and ears can be vital to your thinking.
- Ask them the question, "what are you tolerating?" You may find you have a few tolerations in common.
- Stretch yourselves on the questions. Ask, "what else?" after every answer... especially if you sense you can go deeper.
- Be true to yourself and take action.
- Take action and discover that harmonious path that keeps you moving forward.
- Please contact us with your questions on mindset, clarity and knowing yourself.
- Coaching is a powerful tool for developing your thinking that leads to overcoming the things you may be tolerating and supporting sustained action.
- We work with individuals, couples and teams.
- Invest in yourself this year.
- Coaches are friendly, fun and focused.
- Coaches are designed for this purpose... walking with you in the dream.
- We truly do want you to have more life in your day by helping you walk in your dream and be the person you want to be.
- Have fun with, What do I want to be coached around?.
- Click the link above.
- It's a chance to ask questions and get answers.
- The form is designed to kick off your thinking process. :-)
- It's free so, there's no risk. Only an opportunity.
Please, add your thoughts in the comment section.