Laugh A Little
What is your humor quotient?
I'm sure you have heard it said that laughter is the best medicine. If that is true then, maybe we can self prescribe a few big laughs. Bad thinking, that can lead to depression, confusion, self pity, frustration, etc. is all antithetical to moving forward. Humor is the skill. Laughter is the healing.
There are dozens of phrases that express the vitality of laughter. Here are a few for fun:
There is little success where there is little laughter.- Andrew Carnegie1
Laughter and joy are part of the beauty of life.- Diogo Morgado1
Comedy is defiance. It's a snort of contempt in the face of fear and anxiety. And it's the laughter that allows hope to creep back on the inhale.- Will Durst1
As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul.- A Jewish Proverb2
Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.- Mark Twain2
He that is of a merry heart has a continual feast.- Proverbs 15:152
A Student of Humor and LaughterLaughter can replace frustration, anger, depression, lack of motivation and so many more negative states we can find ourselves in. If you haven't laughed in a while, it's not uncommon to feel the need to resist it. Therefore, let's make laughter our friend. We do this by becoming familiar with it.
Much like Designing a Peaceful Moment, designed moments of humor and laughter are essential to our thinking health. Start infusing your day with laughter. If you've been frustrated, angry or just "down" for a while it may take a few purposeful attempts to re-familiarize yourself with humor and laughter, but the impact will far outweigh that "commitment" to suffer in your current state.
So, is learning humor and befriending laughter things of coaching? It sure is!
A great coach will walk with you in discovery of the things that are most valuable to you. Maybe, I should say, we help you rediscover the values you haven't visited in a while. Only you know your true values, and yet we also know that there is a pool of core values that most of humanity shares. So, we help you get in the pool. 😏
Tension in our mind can be blinding but laughter brings clarity. It puts things into manageable proportions giving us a powerful perspective. Laughing truly is one of those universal values.
Laughter is a powerful force for clarity and perspective.
- Who are your funny friends?
- Spend time with them, with the purpose to smile, giggle and laugh.
- Tell your needy and negative friends you have a prior engagement... i.e. to spend time with a humorous friend.
- What makes you laugh?
- Maybe, it's that silly friend.
- A romantic comedy? An action comedy?
- A theater comedy? A comedy club?
- Maybe Calvin and Hobbs?
- Social games like Charades, Pictionary and others.
- A quick search on Google will pull up a ton of party games. Game on!
- Learn creative ways to be funny and test them out.
- It's a great way to make new friends.
- It's a great way to discover new things about your friends.
- If you're letting lose, I guarantee you'll draw out the humor in others.
- Laughing at yourself is a gift. Do it often.
- Take a quick read of, How to Be Funny. It's a great article.
- I referenced the, How to Be Funny, article in the More Life in My Day post, Developing Your Intuition, as developing intuition is very much like developing humor. Take a quick read! :-)
- Please contact us with your questions on mindset, clarity and knowing yourself.
- Coaching is a powerful tool for developing your thinking that leads to sustained action.
- We work with individuals, couples and teams.
- Invest in yourself this year.
- Coaches are friendly, fun and focused.
- Coaches are designed for this purpose... walking with you in the dream.
- We truly do want you to have more life in your day by helping you walk in your dream and be the person you want to be.
- Have fun with, What do I want to be coached around?.
- Click the link above.
- It's a chance to ask questions and get answers.
- The form is designed to kick off your thinking process. :-)
- It's free so, there's no risk. Only an opportunity.
Please, add your thoughts in the comment section.
1 BrainyQuotes.com. “Laughter Quotes” Accessed 2018, June 27. Retrieved from https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/laughter
2 laughteronlineuniversity.com. “120 Inspirational Quotes About Laughter” Accessed 2018, June 27. Retrieved from https://www.laughteronlineuniversity.com/120-quotes-laughter-throughout-history/